The Wii Fit Challenge

Today I purchased the Wii Fit Plus solely with the intention of trying the Yoga portion. I don't have a problem doing Yoga in my own home...alone...but as I was going through the opening sequence it was determined that I was considered obese! At 6'1'', 193.6lbs and a BMI of 25.65 I wouldn't consider myself obese; however, there it was, right there on the screen! Oh, and it told me my body age was 38...I'm 32...

Not one to take criticism lightly I told the Wii Fit was I thought about it and then politely proceeded to enter the Wii Fit challenge. I have challenged myself to lose 10lbs in 2 months, which would put my BMI into the "Normal" range.

Since today was my first day I did try a little Yoga, ski jump, hula hoop, and some snowboarding (which I used to do for real when I was a young chap).

As they say, today is the first day of the rest of your life...and the first time I have loved and hated something at the exact time...Wii Fit, you're mine!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck! I'm a couple of weeks into trying to lose 30 pounds with the Wii, and probably about 15 away from the normal range. If given myself three months to do it.

    So far things are moving in the right direction.

    Don't worry too much about the body age. As you get better at the tests it goes way down. It really just represents your balance, which isn't a great measure of fitness.

    ReplyDelete